It’s probably safe to anticipate that, going forward, products that allow for enhanced or increased sanitary characteristics will be higher in demand across all industries. For our clients, we’re now offering antimicrobial powder coatings to suppress the growth and reproduction of bacteria on our table bases and other components in order for you to offer added peace of mind to your clients.
What Does “Antimicrobial” Mean?
Straight out of the dictionary, “antimicrobial” is defined as the destroying or inhibiting the growth of microorganisms and especially pathogenic microorganisms. When it comes to powder coat finishes, to be defined as “antimicrobial,” the coatings are custom-formulated to contain inorganic silver agents that inhibit the growth of microbes.
What are the Benefits of Antimicrobial Powder Coatings?
With antimicrobial powder coat finishes, you can expect:
- The suppressed growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, algae, and fungus.
- No unpleasant odors, discoloration, staining, and/or deterioration of the coating typically caused by microbe growth.
- Lab tests show a significant decrease of number of living bacteria in a 24-hour span.
- They’re regulated by the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
Where are Antimicrobial Coatings Typically Used?
Due to the benefits of antimicrobial powder coatings, the available finishes are great for furniture and equipment in the following industries:
Medical Industry Food Industry Education Industry Fitness Centers
What Powder Coating Colors are Available?
Currently we have the following on hand in antimicrobial finishes from Interpon® Powder Coatings:
- Flat Black (P10031A-MICRO)
- Silver (P10608A-MICRO)
- Ergo Black (P10588A-MICRO)
To discuss pricing and/or custom antimicrobial finishes, please contact your customer service representative.
Our entire team at Valley Design is committed to helping you deliver on your customers’ ever-changing needs. Please don’t hesitate to communicate any client requests to us at any time.